Old December 25th 07, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
David P. Greer

Default Scrambled Display Vista nVidia

Mephisto wrote:

Yea, I had that issue as did many others with 7900GT. The solution is to
start an RMA with the card manufacturer pronto. 7900GT is a **** card
plagued by this issue. There's a reason no one is selling 7900GT anymore and
yet they still continue to sell FX series cards. Only way some people have
said they fixed this issue was to either overclock or downclock the ram. If
you had an 8800GT etc. you would be experiencing no such issue.

Interesting. The 7900GT has performed well for me, with Doom, Flight
Simulator, and so on, except for this problem.

I'll see what XFX has to say about it. I'll admit I'm sorely tempted to
buy an 8800GT - there's some real bang for the buck!