Old December 25th 07, 01:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Geoff

Default Intel vs AMD

Not sure of the marketing strategy but the pc newsgroups are focused on
single and dual core so much, that it surprised me when I saw a gateway on
hsn, quad core, for $1300 (had monitor, etc.). I like do build my own, so,
I think I will be going for quad core next time around.

From my perspective, there is going for raw power and there is going for the
most bang for the buck. AMD has good price/performance ratios, so, I do not
agree this is the end for them, etc. Who is the fastest shifts back and
forth, Intel has the lead and it could very well shift back the other way in
the future.

--g