Old December 25th 07, 11:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
SL91

Default Intel vs AMD

This is the beginning of the end of AMD. They simply can not achieve intel
actual CPU's performance. They have almost the same problem with their GPU
(i.e. ATI vs Nvidia).

Best regards

Sid

"James " anonymous a écrit dans le message de
.. .
Can someone help me to understand AMD's marketing strategy?

Phenom 9700 - $319 (Amazon)
Intel Q6600 - - $279 (Amazon)

If you look at the sales numbers, Intel quads are outselling AMD nearly 10
to 1. If you look at the reviews, the Intel quad out-performs anything
from AMD. But the $319 price tag is no where near competetive. So am I
missing something, do I have my facts wrong, or what?

We know that competition is a wonderful thing for the consumer, but what
is AMD trying to do here?

-james