Old January 23rd 07, 02:22 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Bill Todd

Default $20,000 SAN budget - not sure which to choose.

Ned wrote:
Thanks. I do have an interest to learn but there is not enough time. My
employer wants a quote in a few days and I cannot take a risk with
something I no so little about. I would appreciate hearing what others
have purchased for this price.

Well, NAS solutions, for one, since you have not specified any
requirements that would preclude using them (save possibly the VMware
images - and even they may be manageable if they can be packaged as
files). It should be far easier to install and manage, and your budget
limit makes it clear that it could easily scale to whatever sizes $20K
of SAN would buy you.

- bill