Old November 18th 06, 12:45 PM posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Neil Jones

Default Dual Core chips??

Hello,

I am seeing a lot of marketing of Dual Core systems. As you have
guessed, I am not a hardware geek. What is the big advantage of dual
core systems? I know it is like having 2 processors. Will each core
perform at the high GigaHertz speeds that the marketers used in the past?

I plan to buy a new PC sometime early next year. Does the current
software technology take advantage of the dual core hardware? Is there
significant performance speed on the system?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Regards,

NJ