Old October 21st 03, 01:51 AM
John Walker

Default HSG80 Storageworks RA8000 SAN on Windows 2003 Enterprise

Anyone had any luck getting an RA8000 StorageWorks array to work under
Windows 2003? We are using the 64 bit / 66MHz Compaq Fibre Channel HBA
and 8.7 HSG80 firmware using arbitrated loop.

We are able to get the system to work under Windows 2000, and if we
upgrade to 2K3 Enterprise, the system will see the drives but will not
fail a cluster correctly.

If we install 2K3 directly, we are able to get the drivers to load,
but as soon as we present a partition to the server and rescan drives,
the server bluescreens with not much in the way of error messages. It
appears to be an issue with the hsxdisk.sys file that comes with the
8.7 software.

Any suggestions, other than to save up and buy something more current?
:-)

Thanks for any ideas.

John Walker