Old December 9th 03, 04:14 PM
Harry Edwards

On 8 Dec 2003 22:57:20 -0800, (the yeti)
wrote:

here is the link::

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/documen...c00007177&cat=

Compaq Presario PCs - Display Driver Support Handled by VIA

ISSUE:

Trident and VIA jointly developed the MVP4 and CBi7 graphics for some
Presario desktop and portable systems.

Due to a change in the business relationship between VIA and Trident,
VIA now handles all support of these display drivers.

This issue affects the Presario 1246, 1247, 1277, 1278, 1279, 12XL1xx
series, 12XL2xx series, 7300 series, and 7400 series

SOLUTION:

Release date: April 2001; Revision: 0

Please contact VIA at the following Web sites for any updated drivers:
http://www.via.com.tw or http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm

NOTE: The information in this document, including products and
software versions, is current as of the Release Date. This document is
subject to change without notice.

I have the display and audio drivers. Now I need the modem, and PCI
to ISA bridge driver. I'm guessing the "PCI communications device" is
the modem I can't finr drivers for, and I don't know how to explain
the PCI ISA bridge. I don't understand why its not on their website.
Harry Edwards ih8spam@don'temailmeiwillreplyhere wrote in message . ..
Well, my mom comes home and dumps a Preasrio laptop on my desk and
told me to fix it. The whole thing is hosed so I reformatted.
There's no modem, and no NIC, and Compaq doesn't have the display
drivers on its website. Where am I supposed to get them?