Old October 23rd 03, 06:16 AM
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Looks like this speed concern of needing RAID0 is a non-issue.

The new 120GB drives are individually just as fast or slightly faster than
two of last year's fastest 80GB ATA drives in RAID0.
nBench ran the benchmarks in surprisingly little time and the score
consistently came out at 57mB/s on read and write with a range of test file
sizes from 100MB to 512MB. They seem to be performing super adequately so
it's no real problem. I just have two more 120GB partitions instead of one
big 240GB partition, in addition to my other partitions preexisting.

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com