Old October 23rd 03, 12:16 AM
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Default GA7DXR+: Fastrack Lite BIOS Cannot Make Striped 2nd Array?

Re GA-7DXR+ mainboard and RAID

I have an existing dual 80 GB (160GB RAID 0) array running on this system.
It is necessary to add more RAID space to my machine, so I bought two
additional drives and added them to the RAID controller.
The original array is RAID 0.
When I chose the auto build array function in Fastrack Lite, I got a warning
that the Lite version does not support two arrays and that it would build
single-drive arrays. This came as a surprise.
So now instead of having my existing 160GB RAID 0 and a (expected) 240GB
RAID 0, I have only been able to add two more 120GB single disk 'arrays'. I
can only hope that the new drives are a lot faster than the ones I bought
last year, as I'm editing uncompressed video.
But before I give up totally on RAID, is there a workaround to this
inability? Can the BIOS be upgraded to the full Fastrack RAID? I have no
more slots to add an external RAID controller (unless I want to give up my
NLE capture and accelerator cards, which would negate the whole purpose of
needing the RAID).
I hope there is an answer!

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com