Old February 25th 08, 09:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pcbldrNinetyEight

Default NetGear GA311 GigaBit PCI Adapter

EdwardATeller wrote in news:1c2b06f7-e563-499f-
:

I just bought two NetGear GA311 GigaBit PCI adapters and a NetGear
GS605 GigaBit Ethernet Switch. I have two computers with the PCI
cards in them connected through my home network into the GS605. Much
of my network is wired into the walls. I'm pretty sure I am not
getting gigabit transfer speeds, and the NetGear utility is reporting
the speed as 100M/Full. The 1000 light is not lit up on the back of
the card.

Is it possible for the cards to detect lower quality cables, and
downshift to 100M speeds?

Test your equipment by connecting it together directly with cat5e patch
cables capable of Gigabit speeds. Available he
http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/S...categoryID=132

--
pcbldrNinetyEight