Old February 25th 08, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
EdwardATeller

Default NetGear GA311 GigaBit PCI Adapter

I just bought two NetGear GA311 GigaBit PCI adapters and a NetGear
GS605 GigaBit Ethernet Switch. I have two computers with the PCI
cards in them connected through my home network into the GS605. Much
of my network is wired into the walls. I'm pretty sure I am not
getting gigabit transfer speeds, and the NetGear utility is reporting
the speed as 100M/Full. The 1000 light is not lit up on the back of
the card.

Is it possible for the cards to detect lower quality cables, and
downshift to 100M speeds?