Old September 1st 07, 07:09 PM posted to comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
John Bartley K7AAY

Default Compaq Presario 705US reinstall problem

"John Bartley K7AAY" wrote in oglegroups.com...

After reinstalling from the recovery discs, this new-to-me laptop has
a few missing features.

The four-way button between me and the mushpad doesn't seem to do
anything but beep.

Of the six buttons on the panel next to the hinges and "Presario 700"
nameplate, only the power button is useful. How do I reconfigure the
buttons (from left to right)

envelope
spyglass
quarternote
-
+
to either work, or load the apps I want for those functions?

Thank you kindly.

On Sep 1, 5:24 am, "HH" replied:
Download the touchpad driver and Easy Access Buttons driver from he

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...lc=en&cc=us&dl...

Install the drivers and all should function normally.

HH

Thank you!