Old September 22nd 05, 06:52 PM
Nut Cracker

man ... that thing is OLD ... only Wide SCSI speeds (20MB/s) .... 4MB Cache
standard. You can upgrade the cache using a 16MB module from a 2DH, or a
64MB module from an AS3200 / RA4x00.

I dont know if you will be able to run the ACU on a non-cpq machine. I know
you cannot boot from the smartstart CD, as it will bark about the machine
not being a supported system. Running the ACU from floppies may be a
different matter.

I predict your result will be unfavourable, but give it a try. It just
*might* work.

- lc

"Jason Arthurs" wrote in message
I have a spare barebones PC, a spare 9.1Gb SCSI drive and a spare
Smart Array 2P PCI card.

Will this card run in a non-Compaq PC?

I've already installed it, and it complained on boot that the PCI bus
doesn't support ECC. Next step is to try and run the array
configuration utility!

Regards,
Jason.

---
Replace nntp with my name to reply.
N0 5pAm H3r3: Include this tagline to pass my spam filter.