Old November 6th 03, 06:12 AM
Robert

In New Zealand the Dell supplied windows and drivers (resource) CD is
installed unless the client does their own (corporate) image. The customer
has to have the install media available.

"Marcio Watanabe" wrote in message
I'm an IT consultant, and one of my clients just had a problem with a
hard drive. Since the Optiplex was still under warranty, Dell was
called to replace the drive. Someone came and replaced the drive, but
the computer was left only with a DOS prompt--no software installed.
Is this standard operating procedure for warranty services? Shouldn't
they at least leave a working computer (with Windows XP and Office XP)
as it came from Dell?

--
Marcio Watanabe