Old September 26th 04, 04:39 AM
Ben Myers

Open up the chassis and make sure all the wires and cables are connected
properly to it. If they are, consider replacing the drive. It shows up in My
Computer and Device Manager, so the problem is not software-related.

.... Ben Myers

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 01:46:38 GMT, "Ronald Smyth" wrote:

No. Even if I click on it manually it does not work. I get errors and
nothing opens.

"HH" wrote in message
By "run" do you mean to automatically run when put into the drive? If so,
try going into Device Manager in Windows and make sure Auto Insert
Notification is enabled for the CD ROM drive.
HH

"Ronald Smyth" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have an older version Compaq Presario with an AMD-K6 CPU 475 MHz

running
Windows 98. With 64 MB memory. I am unable to get work or

entertainment
CD
programs to run. How can I determine what is wrong with the CD player?