Old August 2nd 04, 10:14 PM
Johannes H Andersen

Dennis E Strausser Jr wrote:

"Johannes H Andersen" wrote

[...]

Two standard ones, that is two DDR400. The DDR means Double Data Rate,
dual channel is on top of that, hence 800MHz transfer rate = 6400000000

bits/s.
Righ, ty.
If you use two, also make sure they are installed right.
What I mean is, don't just use dimm slots 1 & 2 Most boards will just give
you the ram you just installed.
Like 2 x 512 for 1Meg
Use dimm slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4, if your board has 4
This gives dual channel mode.
Denny. :-)

Yep.

My Gigabyte board has 6 DIMM slots, hence 1 & 4 have matching colours.

But there is something else to observe. On this board only 1 & 4 can be
double sided DIMM, the rest 2,3,5,6 must be single sided.

The mobo manual states that max memory is 4GB. Presumably that means
2x1024 double sided + 2x512 single sided + 2x512 single sided ?

However, I have never seen DDR DIMM listed specifically as single or
double sided anywhere.