Old August 20th 03, 04:58 PM
anon

Data recovery does not have to cost thousands. Our quote based on your
description would be in the $600 range + the cost of an identical hard
disk drive (or you can provide an identical hard drive).
Head crashs are more difficult to overcome.

I have never seen a book that describes data recovery techniques to overcome
a head crash. That process is definitely not a do it yourself
without experience job.

"WDsux" wrote in message

Got a dead 7200 Western Digital drive (9 months old) I want to
get repaired. Just physically repaired. I will do the data
recovery.

It is not being recognized by the bios and makes
clicking/scratching sounds. Too far gone for software recovery
without the physical problem being repaired.

So, anybody have recommendations for a place I can take this
that will just make it work long enough so I can get my data
back then send the POS back to WD? I do not want them doing any
inspecting or data recovery, and I definitely do not want to
send it off to some lab.

If anyone knows of a trustworthy place near Minneapolis, let me
know. Or, if this is something that can be done at home, let me
know of the book or guide I need.