Old February 6th 07, 03:00 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Faeandar

Default ILM and Full Text Search

On 5 Feb 2007 15:45:22 -0800, "bcwalrus" wrote:

On Feb 3, 7:44 pm, Faeandar wrote:

I thought Monosphere was more of a trending and analysis tool? Not
file level reporting. We are slated to eval them for a different
purpose but I'll keep them in mind for this as well.
Fair scale would be 100's of TB.

~F

If the number of files is around tens of millions, then this
Fileyzer tool seems to do what you mentioned:
http://neopathnetworks.com/products/fileyzer.aspx
(Trial download)

It's purely for analysis; no data placement. It's light and
fast. The GUI is neat, too.

Cheers,
bc

I downloaded it and two things I notice make it less than helpful.

1) the trial version won't analyze network drives (That's where the
problems are !!!)

2) it seems to only analyze the C drive on my windows box and
disregards any selection criteria I give it. It's the same view no
matter what my criteria are.

I may talk to NeoPath and get a full fledged eval because the concept
is interesting. But this download, thoughI appreciate the effort and
thought, proved to be useless.

~F