Old September 15th 05, 04:31 AM
dilettante

fixuserwrote:
Never mind my request for someone to verify the issue with moving
directories / multiple files from the NAS to a PC ... Tritton has
verified the issue and continuing to look into root cause.
Sorry, been offline a few days or I'd have tried it. Looks like
things are moving forward with this though, which is great.

BTW: Do we think that the Argosy/Tritton device uses SAMBA at all? It
looks like a completely different CIFS/SMB implementation. Perhaps
people are using "SAMBA" when they mean to say "SMB" instead?

I'm not trying to be anal-retentive here, just trying to keep things
straight for myself. The Tritton manual (PDF at their site)
does mention "Samba server" so perhaps
they are using source from Samba?

Oh well, doesn't matter a whole lot anyway.

More than you wanted to know:
http://samba.anu.edu.au/cifs/docs/what-is-smb.html