Old August 2nd 06, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Israel Richner

Default SATA Drives Question

My IDE 80 GB drive just failed :-(, but I do have a WD SATA 120 GB
150mb/s drive :-). So what I want to do now is buy another SATA drive
and set them up for redundency.

Questions:

1) Do I need to get a drive of the same size?

2) My mother board only supports SATA transfers of 150mb/s, and my
current SATA drive is 150 mb/s, can I buy a 300 mb/s SATA drive or do I
have to buy a 150. I realize if the 300 will work, it will scale itself
down to match the other drive, the only reason I would buy the 300mb/s
drive is for future upgrades.

In case you need to know I'm using the ABIT IC7-MAX3 mother board and
my OS is WinXP Pro.

my final goal is to have 2 drives working as one and if one fails the
other will keep on working.

Thankd for your help,
Izzy