Old July 16th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Lez Pawl

Default Sony Vaio Laptop keeps overheating

"DJGezza" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop (PCG-FR415M) which quite often shuts down
after an hour or so useage. I'm assuming this is due to overheating
because it always feels very hot and the shutting down occurs more
frequently on hotter days. The fan is running OK and always starts
up within a few moments of booting up from cold after which it seems
to run at full speed all the time the laptop is in use. I have
checked the air vents are clear and have found that liftting the
laptop slightly off the surface helps a bit because the fan is
underneath. However it still sometimes shuts down.

Any ideas?

Many thanks... :crybaby:

you could sit it on a laptop/notebook cooler........

typ http://www.pcabusers.com/reviews/ant...kcooler/p1.htm