Old September 14th 05, 09:27 PM
HH

Subject line says Presario 5000. Message says Presario 500. I'd guess you
meant 5000 since the old 500 series would not run XP. Which 5000? There are
literally dozens of models in the 5000 series.

HH

wrote in message
oups.com...
All of a sudden I do not have sound on my Compaq Presario 500. I am
running Windows XP. I ran the Windows troubleshooter which said that
the device was working properly. I checked all connections and
uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers but still have no sound.

Any ideas? When I "play" a CD or mp3 it appears that the sound is okay
but nothing comes out of the speakers.

I tried reinstalling Windows Media 10 also.

What else can I check?

Pat