Old January 30th 04, 11:24 PM
Jason Mather

Stan wrote:
Hello all,
I need to come up with the cheapest possible SAN (or facsimile) for
home-testing of some clustering technology. I've found some cheap
older FC gear on Ebay, but the arrays are still a couple hundred bucks
and even the bare-pc-board T-cards are $150 after you get all the
parts and pieces together. I have a bunch of adaptec cards laying
around (up to 29xx series) and SCSI drives, and I guess I was hoping
someone knows of a cheap way to dual-port-attach them using some sort
of adapter/converter that I just don't know about. Any info
appreciated.
Thanks,
Stan

You can have multiple hosts on one SCSI bus, thats how a lot of clusters
are built. Just need to make sure terminators are at the ends, and adapters
have distinct SCSI IDs. No need for FC.

-- Jason