Old December 29th 12, 08:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

Default restoring OS on GW GT5408

In ,
Frank typed:
Thanks. Mentioned in other thread that son wiped machine and replaced
OS with Linux. He had recovered Vista but Windows updates slowed it
to a crawl. Having wifi connection problem, I put it aside and just
bought a new GW. Hard to tell what recovery systems are in place.

Different strokes I guess. I am hooked on the year 2006 for computers. I
have 16 of them from that year alone. What is nice about them is the
better ones comes with dual core CPUs, and supports 64 bit, 4GB or more
memory, has XP drivers, can run XP through Windows 8, etc.

Heck I just bought two new Dell Latitude ST machines. And they are
terrible! As they are so slow you can't even play most youtube videos on
them. I am so sorry I bought them now. I can't believe Dell would even
sell these thinking people would be happy with them. :-(

--
Bill
Centrino Core2 Duo T5600 1.83GHz - 4GB - Windows XP SP2