Old September 5th 10, 05:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
johns

Default GeForce 8800GT seems hot

What is the normal running temperature of this card?

Mine went up in smoke last year. I called BFG and they
said that 95 degrees C was normal :-) Bull****. I was
able to cool the thing with a Zalman fan, but the damage
was already done. After it blew, I went to EVGA and
bought a GTX 275 GT. It is much quieter, and idles
at 35 degrees C. I never hear the fan. I do have a door
fan blowing on it, and a fan in front of the case blows
that way too. Also, I removed the slot covers on both
sides of the 275 so that air blows out of the case in
that area. Works great. But caution. The 275 is about
3 feet long :-) It won't fit in a lot of cases.

johns