Old August 17th 10, 05:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Homer Jay Simpson[_3_]

Default GeForce 8800GT seems hot

"DotCom2" wrote in message
I did. It's still running at 154 degrees F at idle.

"rms" wrote in message ...
My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
still seems very hot.

Vacuum out the heatsink, it's full of dustbunnies.

rms

Your idle temperature of 67.8°C (154°F) is normal.

I have two EVGA 8800GTS 512 G92 running in 2-way SLI mode. The first card
has an idle temperature of 62°C and the second card has an idle temperature
of 69°C. Neither card is overclocked and fans are at stock speed of 37%.