Old November 3rd 05, 12:18 AM
Henrik Tived

Default Matrox G450 MMS

Hi Karl,

didn't mean to offend, but when it isn't really specified what the
application is, then it is pretty wide open in terms of choices if your
wallet is deep enough. I kind of like the exsotic gear, when it comes to
computers, but that is not to say it is what everyone else what and neither
of us can afford.

any did you find a solution?

the easy was, if you started from scratch would be to get a mainboard with
PCIexpress, with two PCIe slots preferable with 16x (faster) and plug two
Nvidia cards in for SLI, but use them for their dual monitor output (of each
card), connect the four monitors, if newer, using DVI connector (better
connection - digital ) reboot a few times and define which monitor is which.
voila you are now also the comp. tech in company!

best of luck

Kindest regards

Henrik

"Karl" wrote in message
. ..
Henrik,

Actually, I'd like of hear some of those solutions. Our tech guy
outfitted the first dual-monitor system a few years ago, and at this
point I'm looking for solutions that maybe I can implement sans tech guy.
Henrik, no offense taken. I have never viewed newsgroups as an option for
the short of cash. Have received some great solutions over the years from
newsgroups.

Thanks, Karl

"Henrik Tived" wrote in message
do you only want 4 monitors?

if then you can get the above, or you can get a couple of PCIe card, aka
Matrox P650i, or a couple of Nvidia (i didn't say that here! ooops!)

you are not informing what sort of quality output you are looking for,
there really are plenty of options, depending on your hardware, anything
newish will most likely be able to do the job.

I have hooked up 4 monitors with my Parhelia (using 3 monitors) + a PCI
card for a forth. I have another system with two Quadro FX 3400 PCIe
which can either do SLI on one monitor, or run 4 seperate monitors, like
4x 24" Dell 2405, currently only 2 connected! Using Nview or Iview, you
can configur your setup!

if you are looking for color accuracy then you need seperate LUT for
each, in order to calibrate each of them. which normally means for
seperate cards!!

good luck and have fun. There are also some exsotic solution, but I am
sure if you had that sort of cash you wouldn't be asking questions
here!!! No offence meant!

Henrik
Down Under

"Karl" wrote in message
After exploring multi-monitor options it seem I am constantly referred
to Matrox products. Presently I am running " Presently running a system
equipped with a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 4X 64 MB dual head card, running two
monitors." This system was built for me maybe two years or so ago. At
this point I am interested in running three, four monitors.

More than likely I would need to start from scratch. Is there a "how
to" build site for building a four monitor system? Perhaps what to look
for in a motherboard, etc.

Karl