Old February 18th 09, 04:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers[_2_]

Default Failure of keyboard and mouse on a Compaq DeskPro EN.

Peter wrote:
In a Compaq DeskPro EN, 350 MHz, I've replaced the
hdd, partitioned it, run the latest ROMPaq diskette,
installed DOS 5.0 on the first partition and installed
Native Oberon on the second partition. Nothing in
any of this appears abnormal. The keyboard and mouse
work properly for the installations. The installed
DOS works with no problem.

When Oberon runs from the hdd, the display is normal
except for absence of the mouse pointer. The keyboard
and mouse do not work.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks, ... Peter E.
peasthope .at. shaw .dot. ca

Knowing nothing about Native Oberon except for what I read just now on
the web, I would have to guess that the DeskPro EN has a keyboard-mouse
controller chip that is incompatible with the Native Oberon.

Otherwise, I would suggest that you direct an inquiry through the Native
Oberon web site. But don't expect a quick response or a quick solution.
The last version of the software was "Latest PC Native Release (2.3.6)
[next release early 2003]", so the project appears to be somewhat
dormant... Ben Myers