Old January 14th 04, 08:41 PM
Cari

Here's a comparison...

Celeron 2.0Ghz..... 512mb PC133RAM

One Setiathome work unit.... 15 hours

P4 2.0Ghz..... 512mb RAM PC133 RAM

One Setiathome work unit 5 hours

P4 2.0Ghz 1Ghz PC2100 RAM

One Setiathome work unit 3.2 hours

No, I'm never even contemplating a Celeron procesor ever again.

Cari
www.coribright.com

"andrew2000" wrote in message
I use Celerons often and have no problems - including video editing. they
are a bit slower in the benchmarks. but not noticeable in the "feel" of
the
system. regardless of what you use be sure to use good quality ram - 512
mb
is a nice number.
"Taishi" wrote in message
.. .
I did some research on the internet about the CPU's in question. I see

that
the Celeron is a cheaper CPU than the P4.

Do anyone know the story behind the Celeron?

Has anyone seen a big difference between a Celeron 2.4 vs a Intel P4 PC?

Are there any Con's to having a Celeron over a P4?

Is there a big difference between a Celeron 2.4 vs 2.5?