Old January 29th 04, 10:52 PM
John Kuthe

donutbandit wrote:

Steve Burns "stephen.d.burns2 at boeing.com" wrote in
:

You can get good quality used equpment from Web Innovations and
Technology Services. http://witsinc.org/witsinc/index.html

We are a non-profit organization that takes in donated computers and
rebuilds them. We will sell you one for a few hundred dollars or you
can donate your time to us and earn one. We need help in almost any
skill area.... we do not ordinarily sell componenets, but I am sure
something can be worked out.

Very interesting, but since you're in St. Louis, that leaves most of us
out. Is there any way to help from a distance?

I went to thier website and looked up "Opportunities", and the vast
majority of said opportunities are UNpaid! Only two paying opportunities,
one for Grant Writer and one for some sort of publicity job or something.
But not ONE technical job. Lots of requests for volunteers, unpaid
internships, etc.

Ahhhh well. Such is the life of a Computer Engineer, looking for work in
the St Louis area, I suppose. :-(

John Kuthe...