Old March 14th 21, 10:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
micky

Default Why is this HDD so small?

In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Sun, 14 Mar 2021 14:50:17 -0500, Mark
Lloyd wrote:

On 3/13/21 3:01 PM, Ken Blake wrote:

[snip]

As far as I'm concerned, Amazon is completely reputable. I buy many
things from them--probably somewhere around 100 a year--and I've never
had a problem, except once when a product I expected to receive never
arrived. Amazon not only refunded what I had paid, but also gave me a
credit ($10, If I remember correctly).

I have occasionally has problems with Amazon orders (such as a router
that arrived dead), put always got good customer service.

I've had no major problems with them either.

I had an FM transmitter that didn't have enough range. I might have
kept it anyhow but I'd acciedentally bought two of them. Kohs's took
them back for Amazon.

And an electronic thermmoter that showed low battery when I got it. It
still seemed to work except at 96.2, I might be dead, who knows. Well,
the doctor's thermometer just about agreen with mine,

So I put in another battery, ffrom a card with 50 button batteries that
I bought August 8 of last year, and the thermometer still shows lo every
time I start. The problem with the battery card is that it has no date
on it. Other than that it's identical in style to my previous card that
had a printed date but was already expired by a year or two when I
bought it. But only cost a dollar. This was $6.50 and they stopped
printing dates on the card. It still is getting a 4.2 out of 5 rating.

I'll say this, the ad doesn't say it was made in the 21st century, or
even the 20th.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I don't know whether both batteries in the thermometer are weak or
the thermometer shows lo battery when it shoudln't.

Oh, and looking at the list of things I bought, how could I forget a
whole refurbished computer. It just stopped after a little while,
started at 3 minutes, had worked its way up to 45 minutes, but still.
And it wasn't the exact model I'd ordered. But they gave me a pre-paid
return label, all I had to do was repackage it and I paid for pickup
instead of taking it to UPS. I got the refurn no more than a couple
days after the vendor got it back.

A couple days ago, a weekday, I was taking a walk around my n'hood and I
saw the Amazon truck. The guy stopped at least 4 times and delivered to
at least 6 hours out of 109. I have a note in my address, "Please hide
to right", and most deliverers do hide what I get. This guy was hiding
each of them. (Not that theft is a problem but I want to keep my good
recored. In 37 years I've only not gotten one delivery that was noted as
delivered, a repair CD iirc. Rather than hunt for it with the delivery
company I just bought another one. This n'hood is dead almost all day
on weekdays. Everyone's at work or school, few cars in the lot, and no
one is outside. I can hardly believe it was delivered and stolen.)