Old March 22nd 18, 05:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default Installing Windows 10 driver into Win Server 2012R2

On 22/3/2018 03:15, Paul wrote:

Wouldn't you be modifying something in this package ?
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=95594

Are there tutorials on how to modify those INF files?

Or perhaps the VGA driver from here ? This NUC uses a J3455M.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...C-Kit-NUC6CAYS
Those drivers might be WDDM 2.3. The Windows Server 2012R2 might
be WDDM 1.2 for Windows 8 or so.

No Window$ 8 drivers, which could be usable by Win Server 2012R2. All of
them are intended for Win 10.

It might be easier to stick a graphics card in the Asrock
motherboard, and use a Windows Server 2012R2 driver for it.
The Asrock slot wiring is all x1 PCIe.

True....

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/win...-solved/573/10
"Server Essentials Experience, and then the patch from Microsoft" ???

Already installed.

I don't see how that's going to help make a driver available.
It seems some people are running their Windows Server using
Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (which has no hardware acceleration).
And that sucks.

That's why I wanna force install the Win 10 video driver into Win Server
2012R2.

Really, this is the same as hardware support for Windows 2003.
Which also sucked.

Win 2003 is basically Win XP.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不*錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):