Old July 9th 03, 04:36 PM
Matt M

Default need some quick advice

Looks like I'm going to be broke for about a year while my wife goes
back to school. I was planning to upgrade my motherboard and cpu at the
end of the year but just can't afford it now. I'm currently running a
Abit KG-7 with a AMD Socket A Athlon 1.4GHz processor with 784 megs of
PC2100 ram and a Radon 9500 Pro video card, so about the only cheap
thing I can think to do is max out the processor and hope the system
holds me over until 2005.

Do you think it would be worth it to max out the processor on this
board? And if so, which route should I take:

AMD Socket A Athlon XP Palomino up to 2100+
or
AMD Socket A Athlon XP Thoroughbred up to 2000+