Old August 27th 06, 10:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Tait

Default HP Laserjet 1020 - standard USB cable?

Phil Wheeler wrote in news:ng%Eg.733$S_5.205
@tornado.socal.rr.com:

Most USB printers use a cable with a squarish connector at the printer
end. I have HP, Canon, and Epson printers with usb interface and the
same cable works with each. I've looked at the 1020 manual on line and
it appears to use the same type cable I have.

Price is likely $20-30, depending on length.

Phil

IOW, a bog standard USB A-B cable. You can get the cables for much less if
you look. I never paid anything more that a couple bucks for one, as I look
for the deals, plus get them with most things. In fact the printer is about
the only thing I got new that didn't come with one.