Old July 31st 09, 03:56 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tom

Default Id / John Carmack announces the PS3 version of RAGE will run at only 20-to-30fps, breaking promise of all versions running at 60fps. Meanwhile the Xbox 360 version still runs at 60fps

"William" Wparks023@gmail wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 04:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Robert P Holley
wrote:

Poor Sony. They just can't catch a break this generation. They are
dead last in sales (and the gap is increasing), their library is much
worse than the X360 (source: gamerankings) and about 95% of all the
multiplatform games are better on the X360.

Hard to believe this is the same company that dominated the previous
two generations.

Yeah and don't forget all the people who died either trying to get one
of these (either trampled by crowds after waiting in line for 12 hours
or shot/stabbed/decrapitated during console robbery gone bad).

Too bad the consolers haven't realized PC games always have been and
always will be superior, in every way.

Who said console gamers don't have a realization to this? Most know that PC
games are far better in graphics, and customizing/modding them. But, playing
on a big screen HDTV with games that rarely need multiple patches to make
the games play (something all to common on PC games) while sitting on a more
comfortable chair or sofa is great. Console gaming isn't that far behind in
the looks and feel of how game have come along technologically anyway. As an
avid PC gamer years ago, I haven't given it much a look since getting the
original Xbox. It also ( probably these days most importantly) is much
cheaper, I can play online much easier as well, and I don't spend a grand
every year or two upgrading, because older hardware cannot live up to the
new games that come out.