Old July 29th 07, 06:45 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Graham[_3_]

Default Problems installing HP Deskjet 720C

On Jul 29, 6:27 pm, "Michael Grey" wrote:
Is the serial port enabled in your BIOS?"Graham" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hello All,

Just bought one of the above second hand. I run XP and have obviously
installed the driver via XP. Problem here is that I am sending the
printer jobs but they just remain in the queue, never printing!

When I go to Control Panel - Printers & Faxes - Server & Properties -
Drivers Tab it displays that I have installed the 720C driver!

A help in diagnosis may be that when I boot up the New Hardware wizard
commences. I then ask it to find my printer automatically, but it just
searches, and searches, and searches, and sear... (you get the idea!),
and it ends up saying that it could not find the necessary software.
This happens even though the 720C driver is showing under the drivers
tab as above.

I have sent test pages to my 720C, no joy. I have prayed to god
almighty, no joy. I am running your normal serial cable, all
connections have been checked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.- Hide quoted text -

I don't know Michael. How can I check for this?

Regards