Old July 20th 04, 12:09 PM
~misfit~

P2B wrote:

IME Tualatins don't respond to Vcore increases anyway - at least not
on BX boards. Every Tually I've tested tops out at around 1650Mhz, and
won't go any further even if you increase Vcore to dangerous levels.
OTOH, most of my Tuallies will do over 1600 at 1.35v, and would
probably go even lower except Vcore tends to exhibit increasing
ripple below 1.4v on BX boards.

Thanks for the input, it's good to 'talk' with someone who has a bit of
experience with these things.

The really ambitious have been known to break the motherboard traces
to the socket and wire in their own DIP switches for the VID and FSB
signals to make both adjustable.

That's why I prefer Slot-1 BX boards for Tualatins - the adapter gives
you adjustable VID and FSB without resorting to 'ambitious'
modifications.

What adapter P2B? I like BX boards and have a couple here. However I think
that they need the odd capacitor replaced.
--
~misfit~