Old April 23rd 04, 06:18 PM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"David B." wrote in message
news:M8%hc.16797$GR.2453550@attbi_s01...
Argue it all you want, I won't hear you as you've been blocked, future

poster.

"Dennis E Strausser Jr" wrote in message

It's true for sure.
I Argued this before.
You do need to find a balance point once you get into an Extreme

Overclock.

Now David, that is a nice difference in 3DMark.
You will only really notice it when you go that high though.
Go from 2.6 to about 3.1 GHz, a little higher maybe, but not by much, there
won't be much difference.
As soon as you start having to push extra vcore, or at least I have to do
this. If some1 else don't have too,,,
Thats just Great for you... :-) That works too. But @ least when I hit
one point of an Overclock - Cpu that is.
I become unstable unless I Overclock the Video as well, and get a little
better performence too.
Have you ever got 750 MHz Overclock or better? I've been even further then
this, but my PSU Fails to give the power.
Hm? It was 3,434 MHz, I got more then half way through 3DMark, then I
froze, my temps didn't even hit 100ºF yet.
As soon as I hit 100W CPU or so, if I test it right. I'll go from 100W to
93, and sometimes to 95 or 96 on testing.
a lot of times it stays around 93 or 94, when the CPU needs 100 or 104W to
keep the Overclock stable.
So hm?
I Guess I need a new PSU, but not anytime soon, I might end up with a Dual
CPU Board, so I'll need power for that.
Any Idea how well a "Enermax 660W EG851AX-VH ATX" PSU Works?
They cost close to 300$ : Though it will be like months till I put it
together, I hope not too much longer then that.

And I won't be using the P4 For any kind of gaming anymore anyway.
I'd rather use my Athlon XP 2200+ @ 2400+ 2.03 GHz For gaming. Though it's
harder to keep cool, I still like my AMD
For gaming over my Intel P4 Any day. I would love a Athlon 64, If I
wasn't already putting together a Xeon Server, maybe I'd
buy myself a FX53 System.

What ever, what ever..
If I like AMD Over Intel so much, I guess I should hang out in the AMD ng...
a.c.h.o.a.

Denny. :-)