Old August 26th 03, 10:36 AM
James

(YanquiDawg) wrote in message ...
Sounds like Power supply or ram. Generic power supplies have lies for specs. If
you check closely even a 420W can put out as low as 150W continously.Check the
Amperge listed on the PS and compare it to brand name PS's like Antec and
Enermax.
If you PS has dent amperage,check the timing on your ram. Try CAS 3 if it's at
CAS 2 or 2.5.
Also,update your sound drivers.Just a hunch.

I just rad another article which prompted me to look into something.
My computer typically runs REALLY hot. My case was opened to look at
my PSU data and the case temp went from 43C, to 31C. That's a pretty
big shift. With it's temp my my case drop my CPU went from 53C to
45C... Could it be heat effecting my case? The thing is a heater, and
leaving it on REALLY heats the room up. Perhaps if I turn on the AC,
point a house fan at the open case and try to recreate the MSN glitch,
I'll have an answer.