Old August 26th 03, 10:03 AM
James

(YanquiDawg) wrote in message ...
Sounds like Power supply or ram. Generic power supplies have lies for specs. If
you check closely even a 420W can put out as low as 150W continously.Check the
Amperge listed on the PS and compare it to brand name PS's like Antec and
Enermax.
If you PS has dent amperage,check the timing on your ram. Try CAS 3 if it's at
CAS 2 or 2.5.
Also,update your sound drivers.Just a hunch.

{mass snippage}

I've tried various sound drivers. I finally found my other PSU and got
identical results on both. The 420W PSU is a TTGI. Is it possible that
the problem occured from a newer version of direct X where as my sound
chip isn't as compatable? Otherwise, I'm beginning to think it's my
HDD, and I'm becoming more and more certain. I WOULD check out the
amprage on the PSU, except nothing on it seems to boast "I am 'amp'
related!" and being I'm not educated on the ways of electricity and
it's workings, I have no clue what I'm looking for. I think it's still
possibly a software thing, or the HDD. Possibly my lack of a floppy?
Even though it's disabled in the bios, it's STILL listed in windows
(being I'm using 98SE).