Old December 4th 03, 11:20 PM
Terry Collins

Phred wrote:

....snip....

You are not taking into account; the importance of the data, the reliability
factor and the sheer speed that RAID 5 provides.

I can understand your enthusiasm for a RAID system that provides data
redundancy, but do you need to run a SCSI system to do this?

I have the impression from comments elsewhere in recent times that
modern IDE drives are perfectly adequate and SCSI is quite simply
over-priced, perhaps even over-rated, in comparison these days?

For home and SOHO and SME, IDE is probably quite okay.

But IDE isn't SCSI and without SCSI, you can not do RAID.

It really is a "business risk"
How much do you loose per hour when the computer system goes down?

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au