Old May 10th 04, 12:00 PM
geclinke

Default Upgrading processor in Presario 6207

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade the processor in my Presario (currently a
1.7GHz Celeron) and was wondering if anyone else had done this?
As I understand it the best I can get is a Pentium 4 with a 400MHz bus
speed because of the i845 Intel chipset, this seems to limit me to a
2GHz processor. There seem to be faster Celeron processors than this
and I was wondering if anyone knew if the performance of a 2.4GHz
Celeron is comparable with a 2.0GHz P4?
I looked at this before about 6 months ago and there seemed to be 3GHz
Pentiums around at the time with 400MHz FSB but I can't find any for
sale now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Giles