Old October 7th 03, 09:15 PM
Anonymous

"Biz" writes

I run the 45.23's flawlessly on a GF2 MX card. SO the problem is your
system NOT the drivers. Perhaps the 30.82's are more suited to your system.
They are available from www.nvidia.com, go to downloads drivers archives
section....

Follow the friggin instructions in the readme file included with the drive
download. it couldnt be simpler...

At least this reply imparts one piece of useful information.

After thoroughly removing NVIDIA'S Detonator 45.23 driver,
reinstalling it, and continuing to experience start-up slowness and
crashes, it seems that this driver is indeed incompatible with my
system. I installed the 30.82 driver, and everything now seems to be
functioning normally.

For directing me to the 30.82 driver, I thank you.

However, please note:

1. Page 8 of the release notes for the 45.23 driver list my NVIDIA
videocard (The GeForce2 Pro) as one of the devices supported by it.

2. NVIDIA's Software Downloads Page likewise guides all users of its
GeForce Videocards to the 45.23 driver as being the latest compatible
driver. _No_ mention is made of the 30.82 driver as an alternative.

I was attentive to the instructions given for installing this driver.
Your insinuation that I was not is uninformed and presumptuous.

The download instructions are indeed "friggin", but -- in my situation
at least -- they were hardly simple.

Hence my query.

JB