Old November 30th 03, 04:30 PM
Z Man

I am very surprised that Newegg would to this. They are generally very
reasonable about RMA's. A few months ago, I returned a CPU on which I had
carelessly bent the pins. They noted the damage, but replaced the CPU anyhow
and didn't even charge me for shipping. You should try to get in touch with
a supervisor there. You will probably get satisfaction.

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
Those dirty rotten *******s! They tried to pull a fast one! Buy a
current revision board and it's DOA then they RMA you one thats close
to 6 months old!

At this rate it will be almost 3 months to get a working PC! All of
the parts were ordered at the end of September. Anybody have any
suggestions for dealing with Newegg on this. Too bad I can't get up
close and personal with these idiots!

Steve

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:37:58 -0800, "Chuck"
wrote:

I bought my P4C800-E from Newegg last week ... Rev 2.0 & BIOS 1011.

Haven't
needed to RMA it yet, fingers crossed.

"Steve Sr." wrote in message
.. .
Do any of you know what the current hardware version of this
motherboard is for the U.S.?

I sent the original (brand new but defective) back to Newegg on an
RMA. This one arrived with 1010 BIOS and what I thought I remembered
as hardware Rev 2.0

The "new" RMA replacement arrived with a BIOS of 1008 and a hardware
rev of 1.02 which appears to be older.

The serial numbers also seem to bear this out. The original MB had SN
37MG104107. The replacement had a squential number about 1/4 of this
at 37ZG024889.

So is Newegg sending out old stock for RMAs?

Thanks,

Steve