Old July 5th 03, 09:37 PM
mark24951

Bob Nielsen wrote:
Here's my setup -

AMD Duron 900 (512 MB PC133 SDRAM)
BFG Asylum GeForce FX 5200 Ultra w/128MB RAM

Suddenly, CD's and DVD's don't automatically start anymore! I have to
manually start the CD or DVD players, or the setup or applications. Now,
that's no big deal, but I kinda miss the autorun. I thought there was some
kind of registry hack that could set this? Any advice or suggestions would
be appreciated.

Bob

From Windows XP Help

To change how your computer handles multimedia content
Open My Computer.
Under Devices with Removable Storage, right-click the device you want,
such as a digital camera or CD-ROM drive, and then click Properties.
On the AutoPlay tab, click the multimedia content type you want to change.
Under Actions, click the action you want Windows to perform when it
detects the media type you selected.
Notes

To open My Computer, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop.
Your removable storage device must be attached to your computer for it
to appear in the My Computer folder.