Old January 30th 06, 05:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox

Default Missing C-band on Marvel G400 TV tuner and display problems

Hi,

I installed the latest Matrox Powerdesk and video tools drivers
(v.3.05) on my Marvel G400TV/Windows 2000 system for cable TV input
only to find that QuickConnect does not make available the C-band,
where the bulk of my local cable TV programmes are transmitted. It just
provides an E-band and an S-band, so that the remote control interface
refuses any additional C-xx entry as "invalid" and shows only a
fraction of the programmes that I am receiving on my television set.
The print manual and the Matrox technical support remain silent. Does
anyone know if this is a hardware problem or if I need to replace the
Marvel Bios (which I am reluctant to do)?

Furthermore, when I reactivate the PC from the standby or sleep modes I
get only a tiny video window instead of the psrevious full sceen
display, which cannot be maximised unless the PC is re-booted. Is there
any remedy?

I still get an English interface, although I indicated a
German-speaking country during the installation. Is there a way to I
replace the English driver without de-installing and re-installing the
whole software (a Windows registry entry etc.)?

Lastly, which settings must be chosen for displaying signals from a
video recorder? Antenna or cable TV input (QuickConnnect)? Coaxial
(antenna) cable or SCART cable?

Any reports on similar phenomena and suggestions are welcome.