Old November 7th 03, 11:39 PM
Robert Redelmeier

Tony Hill wrote:
On 7 Nov 2003 08:34:29 -0800, (Kiran Math)
O/S: Windows XP Pro.
Mother board : ECS P4

The computer works fine for say 4 hours. Then the whole thing freezes.
Then when I do a cold boot. It hangs when runing the BIOS ( during the
intial phase of finding the harddisk etc).
If I shut down the computer for 20 mins or so it works fine past the
BIOS running stage, but hangs after the XP comes up.
If I keep the computer shut down for a day or so, it works fine again
for next 3-4 hrs and then the problem starts again.

It sounds like an overheating problem of some sort of other. A few
possibilities:

Agreed with Tony about overheating.

I would check case airflow. Intakes might be blocked by
carpets or recycling in closed spaces. Is case warm/hot
near the CPU?

Make sure the powersupply fan is blowing out strongly
and the warm air has someplace to go.

-- Robert