Old November 27th 20, 06:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arlen Holder

Default Printer's IP address

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:34:10 GMT, AnthonyL wrote:

I've never printed from my Android but I've just switched my Epson
X)-6005 on which is connected to my WiFi (and a direct USB to my
notebook).

Hi AnthonyL,

Thanks for that purposefully helpful advice, where you'll find a lot more
information about this problem set over here, in comp.mobile.android:
o How do you print from Android to your home networked printer on your LAN?
https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/nTAYljkvVl4

While I am ecstatic that printing works so easily for you with your Epson
XP-6005 printer, you have a completely different setup, I think, and that
matters a lot (unfortunately for me).
o EXPRESSION PREMIUM XP-6005 Wi-Fi all-in-one
https://www.epson.de/en/products/printers/inkjet-printers/for-home/expression-premium-xp-6005

My printer is an HP LaserJet 2100tn (which has an Ethernet card):
a. Mine is not wi-fi enabled
b. Mine is not hooked up to a PC via USB (or anything other than a router)
c. Mine is hooked directly to the router via Ethernet

While even with my setup it's easy to print if I use the "cloud" as the
printer driver, the goal is to print using our own LAN.

I am exploring _some_ solutions (many of which are from F-Droid), as the
whole goal is to come up with a solution that not only benefits me, but,
that benefits everyone else at the same time (who has the same problem).

One issue I have in debugging is understanding the role of:
a. Where is the "printer driver" when printing from Android?
b. Who is the "printer server" when printing from Android?

Those two questions are ones I never thought about until I needed to debug
why it's so simple to print from Windows over the LAN, but not Android.