Old December 10th 18, 10:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Two different specs for same model number, what's going on here ?

Two different specs for same E-VGA GT 1030 low profile, passive card:

https://s.eet.eu/icmedia/mmo_3725334..._1431_5986.pdf

vs

https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/...F-07065ACF1BF1

First one states "dual-link dvi"

Second one "official" one states "single-link dvi"

Plus some other features are different.

So what is going on here ?

Is somebody intentionally spreading miss-information ?

Or does E-VGA not known their own products and somebody decided to correct/update the info ?!?!?

Max resolution kinda also different.

I have come across so much conflicting information, it's insane.

1920x1200 vs 1920x1080, single vs dual link.

Fake screenshots.

Asus for example has a fake picture showing a dual-link dvi connector, notice carefully how the heatsink is not matching.

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...G-BRK/gallery/

Picture 3 is clearly fake.

Compare this to the old card I have GT 520:

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...GD3LP/gallery/

The heatsink is missing but at least the connectors are genuine.

Conclusion, the third picture is delibrately faked to try and make people believe it's dual-link dvi, while in reality it's probably single-link dvi.

Anyway time for some confirmation from youtube, which is pretty insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PplTpoj5fxU

There is actually a cap over this connector ? WTF ?! Thankfully the guy removes it... and it does look like a dual-link dvi-d connector ? HUH ?

At least E-VGA has a bit more honest screenshots:

https://www.evga.com/products/produc...02G-P4-6332-KR

Now you know why "unboxing videos" exists.

If you ever do an unboxing video of any electronics, make sure to show the product from all 6 sides, and nice zoom in's and close ups from all 6 sides =D

E-VGA GT 1030 video, shown from all sides:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQcZHPrPbSI

Here a dual-link dvi connector can also be seen.

Now occording to the wikipedia article, single link connectors are supposed to be different, there is suppossed to be a little gap in between, so dual won't fit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

However by using dual-link connectors, single and dual link connectors will fit as well.

So now here is the question:

If it's so easy to "FAKE" single link into dual link, do you believe the DVI-standard is TOTALLY ****ING RETARDED ?!

If you answered NO, than you a ****ing RETARD LOL.

But here is the real question:

What is the actual thruth about these cards/gpus ?

The nvidia spec says: "standard connectors" single link ?

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/des...specifications

WTF does that mean ? Is that the actual connector on the back of the reference card ? Or is the GPU itself nerfed to single link connector interface ?!?!?

What if graphics card manufacturer replaces standard single link with dual link ?

Will the dual link interface/connector actually work ?!?!?!?!

So which spec is ultimately correct ?!?!?!?!

I will probably use this for a while for 1280x1024 gaming, which it should be fine for that.

Though this confusion about possible dvi-d dual link support is fricking annoying.

Cause I have to choose between

E-VGA and ASUS.

If one of these cards is actually dual-link dvi-d then it would be the better choice...

Though I am not sure if the E-VGA passive heatsink is as good as the ASUS passive heatsink.

Some benchmark/testing of these heatsinks would be cool.

Details...

Bye for now,
Skybuck.