Old October 31st 03, 03:36 PM
Geek4Hire

Thanks to those that responded to this post. I did try a known good
power supply, with no success. I also tried resetting the CMOS, but
would that matter? Even if the battery is completely dead, the
computer should still boot up with default settings, right? Of course
you would not be able to save CMOS settings, however..... Where's the
trash can? LOL.

(Geek4Hire) wrote in message . com...
Hello All,

I am hoping that someone out there may have some experience with the
following issue: I maintain several Compaq Presario 4540's at my place
of employment. Two of them now have completely "died"... There is
absolutely no video display. You cannot boot at all, even from a
diskette. You cannot go into the setup config either. The incorporated
video is obviously failing, but is this the real issue or just the
result? When you boot the computer, the hard drive and CD-ROM are
accessed temporarily. However the monitor light never turns
green....and that's about all you get! I've tried removing cards (NIC,
modem, etc...) to narrow down the possibilities. I've also tried a
known good video card. Any thoughts? Thanks for any response, in
advance!